Provides ultra-low latency access to Australian futures and options markets
Sydney, August 24, 2015 - CQG today announced direct market access to ASX 24 ITCH™, the Australian Securities Exchange's (ASX's) premium ultra-low latency protocol for accessing ASX 24 markets, which include interest rate futures and options, equity futures and options, agricultural futures and options, and energy futures and options.
The new connection allows CQG customers to access ASX 24 ITCH™ market data through all of its trading products, including its flagship platform CQG Integrated Client, and its mobile app CQG M. ASX 24 ITCH™ has been developed as a comprehensive market data offering with direct trade capabilities from the ASX Trade24® platform.
"ASX 24 contracts are some of the top globally traded futures products, which makes the new connection attractive to us and our customers," Leighton Andrew, Managing Director Asia-Pacific at CQG, said. "We continue to focus on giving our traders access to key markets at very high speeds."
ASX 24 ITCH™ features include:
- dissemination of the full depth and best prices for all contracts
- dissemination of spread traded prices and volumes
- improved latency stability
- control of the Socket
- multicast stream of order book changes
- every order in the book, using a series of messages to track the life of an order
David Raper, Executive General Manager Trading Services with ASX, said: "ASX first welcomed CQG to the Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC), the only dedicated financial markets data centre in Australia, in 2012. We are delighted that CQG is growing its portfolio of innovative market data tools for the diverse financial markets ecosystem within the ALC. With our recent collaboration providing access to CQG trading products over our network, ASX Net, ASX is now pleased to support CQG and its clients with access to ASX 24 ITCH™ in the ALC, which is positioned at the heart of Australia's financial markets. Access to ASX 24 ITCH will provide improved latency, stability and rich market data direct from the ASX Trade24 trading platform."
ASX operates at the heart of Australia's financial markets. It is among the world's top 10 exchange groups and is a global leader in A$ and NZ$ financial markets.
- We are a fully integrated exchange across multiple asset classes - equities, fixed income, derivatives and managed funds.
- We service retail, institutional and corporate customers directly and through Australian and international intermediaries.
- We provide services that allow our customers to invest, trade and manage risk. These include listings, trading, post-trade services, OTC clearing, technology, and information and data services.
- We operate and invest in the infrastructure that promotes the stability of Australia's financial markets and is critical for the efficient functioning of the nation's economy, economic growth and position in the Asia Pacific region.
- We advocate for regulations that support end-investors, grow and promote the integrity of the market, and strengthen Australia's global competitiveness.
The Australian Liquidity Centre
ASX's Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC) is a purpose-built, state-of-the-art data centre providing ALC customers with a range of communication, execution and information services including the most secure and fastest possible access to all ASX liquidity - ASX Trade Match, ASX Centre Point and ASX 24.
The ALC is positioned at the heart of Australia's financial markets, housing and connecting a broad community of users in one financial marketplace. It facilitates cost savings by aggregating a full range of services to achieve economies of scale.
There are currently close to 100 customers at the ALC including international investment banks, Australian brokers, market makers, proprietary firms as well as data vendors, software and system vendors, and all major telecoms carriers.
The ALC provides co-location services and data centre space to customers, allowing them to place their infrastructure (such as trading equipment and related technology) in cabinets within the same physical data centre as the ASX and ASX 24 primary matching engines. This provides clients with efficient access to market data and trade execution on ASX and ASX 24 markets.
More information about ALC can be found at www.asx.com.au/ALC
Media and Communications
T: +61 2 9227 0218
M: +61 411 121 219