CQG Privacy Notice
What information does CQG collect?
CQG generally collects and uses two types of information from people who visit our website or access our services: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a particular person. Non-personal information is information that, on its own, does not permit direct association with any particular person. Generally, there is no collection, storage, or processing of personal or non-personal information, except as described in this policy.
How does CQG use or share personal information?
When you interact with the CQG website or CQG services, CQG may collect, use, and share some types of personal information. Specifically, if you register with our website, contact us, or purchase and use CQG products or services, we may collect a variety of information from you, including your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, credit card information, professional status, and trading account data. We may share your personal information with the following:
- CQG subsidiaries and affiliates, which are located in multiple countries around the world.
- CQG’s contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- CQG’s brokers, futures commissions merchants, or other clearing firms with whom you (expressly or impliedly) grant permission to share information.
- Other entities to fulfill the purpose for which you have specifically provided the information.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, when personal information held by us is treated as an asset transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
CQG may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Sometimes we use third party service partners to sign up a user, bill a user, or to facilitate the provision of services pursuant to the specific terms of our user agreements. If you sign up for these services, we may share your personal information necessary for the third party to provide these services. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, or otherwise engage with our products or services, we assume you consent to our collection and use of information shared for that specific reason. We may also disclose your personal information if we are required by law, as discussed above.
How does CQG use or share non-personal information?
Not all of our website and services respond to your browser’s “do-not-track” signals or comparable mechanisms. Generally, however, we only collect non-personal information via the CQG website (except when forms are completed and submitted to CQG).
Can I opt out of information collection or request a correction to my information?
Yes. You may opt out of the collection of certain personal information by CQG. You may also request access to and correct your personal information held by CQG. We will make reasonable efforts to correct errors in personal information within thirty (30) days of receipt of a correction request. To request correction, opt out, or learn more about our personal information policies, email email@example.com.
What about links within the CQG website or products?
Is there anything else I should know?
CQG is based in the United States with offices around the globe. We recognize that many customers access CQG products and services from outside of the United States. CQG strives to ensure compliance with all applicable data protection laws, rules, and regulations. Consistent with various international frameworks, CQG respects the fundamental principles of privacy: notice, choice, access, security , data integrity and purpose limitation, and accountability. CQG incorporates these values into all aspects of our service, including ensuring the security and integrity of any information you share with us.
What if I still have questions?
CQG is always happy to answer any questions you have about our commitment to privacy and the security of your information. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Effective Date: December 8, 2016
1 “CQG” means CQG, Inc., as well as its subsidiaries and affiliates.
2 CQG is committed to information security, including security of personal information. Please see our CQG Information Security Statement for more details.