Sydney, 9 April 2014 - CQG recently announced that its industry-leading trading products are now available to its customers via ASX Net. CQG's primary platform is deployed on the robust financial market network allowing customers to receive services directly on ASX Net.
CQG's collaboration with ASX will deliver substantial benefits to CQG's customers by providing low-latency access to CQG at the ASX co-location facility, the Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC), in a cost efficient manner. As the financial market fabric bringing together customers, providers and content - ASX Net can provide ASX and CQG's customers with a fast and resilient network connection to CQG's trading products and services using their existing ASX Net connections.
"To meet the rigorous demands of our customers, with traders relying on data quality, accuracy, and reliability, CQG has chosen to position its services on a network that ensures the highest-quality experience for our customers. Our network and applications are key enablers of our core business," explained Leighton Andrew, CQG's Managing Director, APAC.
With CQG's continued global expansion in recent years, CQG's customers have seen growth and proliferation in its product offering with the recent additions of:
- CQG M - an HTML5-based mobile app that delivers market data, order management, and electronic trading on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs. It allows traders to see advanced market data and execute orders on the go.
- CQG QTrader - a trading front end that combines a subset of the advanced analytics, charts, and trading tools found in CQG Integrated Client. It allows professional traders to trade and monitor the markets in one comprehensive solution.
General Manager, ASX Trading Services, David Raper, said: "We are delighted that CQG has chosen to reinforce its relationship with ASX. We hugely value the trust they have in ASX and we look forward to work with them to on-board new customers. With over 150+ sites on ASX Net, numerous trading platforms, inclusive of both buy and sell side firms and various financial service providers; ASX Net is the fabric underpinning the Australian Financial Markets."
ASX Group (ASX) is one of the world's leading exchange groups, ranked among the top 10 by market capitalisation.
- We operate a fully integrated exchange across multiple asset classes - equities, fixed income and derivatives.
- We service a wide range of retail, institutional and corporate customers, directly and through intermediaries.
- We offer a broad range of services that allow our customers to invest, trade and manage risk. This includes listings, trading, post trade services, and technical and information services.
- We operate infrastructure that supports the systemic stability of Australia's financial markets and which is critical for the efficient functioning of the nation's economy, economic growth and position in the Asia Pacific region.
More information about ASX can be found at: www.asxgroup.com.au
The ASX Australian Liquidity Centre
- The ASX Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC) is a purpose-built, state-of-the-art data centre providing ALC customers with a range of communication, execution and information services including the most secure and fastest possible access to all ASX liquidity - ASX Trade Match, Centre Point and ASX 24.
- The ALC is positioned at the centre of Australia's financial markets, housing and connecting a broad community of users in one financial marketplace. It facilitates cost savings by aggregating a full range of services to achieve economies of scale.
- There are currently more than 85 customers at the ALC including international investment banks, Australian brokers, market makers, proprietary firms as well as data vendors, software and system vendors, and all major telecoms carriers.
- The ALC provides co-location services and data centre space to customers, allowing them to place their infrastructure (such as trading equipment and related technology) in cabinets within the same physical data centre as the ASX and the ASX 24 primary matching engines. This provides clients with efficient access to market data and trade execution on ASX and ASX 24 markets.
More information about ALC can be found at http://www.asx.com.au/services/technical-services/australian-liquidity-c...