- After the transition of products between TOCOM and OSE (scheduled for July 2020), CQG will no longer offer OSE or TOCOM data separately and will only provide OSE/TOCOM consolidated data.
- Starting in July 2020, OSE’s terminal/user fees structure will apply to OSE/TOCOM products.
- Users wishing to access what is currently TOCOM and/or OSE data in July 2020 or after will need to have one of three new enablements added to their account in June 2020. The new enablements are: OSE/TOCOM Pro; OSE/TOCOM Non-Pro; and OSE/TOCOM Delayed.
- The current OSE and/or TOCOM enablements are also required to stay in place in accounts until the transition. Users will be billed only for the new enablements starting in July.
- If terminating access to TOCOM and/or OSE data in June or July, both old and new enablements have to be removed.
Background and Details
The Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM) and Osaka Exchange (OSE) are making changes to the products they offer, and some TOCOM products are transferring to OSE. Specifically, precious metals, agricultural items and rubber will move to OSE; oils and electricity products will stay on TOCOM markets. The transition is currently scheduled for the fourth week of July 2020.
As a result of the transition, CQG will provide OSE/TOCOM consolidated data and no longer offer OSE or TOCOM data separately. Starting in July 2020, OSE’s current terminal/user fees structure will apply to OSE/TOCOM products accessed via CQG. The current fees are available at https://www.cqg.com/partners/exchanges/monthly-fees .
In preparation for the transition, CQG is making three new enablements available in CAST that include both the OSE and the TOCOM data in consolidated enablements. The new enablements are: OSE/TOCOM Pro; OSE/TOCOM Non-Pro; and OSE/TOCOM Delayed.
If a user wishes to access OSE and/or TOCOM data in July 2020 and going forward, you will need to add the appropriate new enablement to the user’s account during the month of June. Please also leave the current OSE and/or TOCOM enablements in place (as long as users are not discontinuing their data use), as these will still be necessary until the transition. Following the transition, CQG will disable the old enablements.
Although users will have two enablements (both the current and the new enablements), the user will only be billed for the current enablement in June and the new enablement in July.
Please update any user’s account with the new data enablements, as necessary, to ensure that users are receiving the appropriate data and are billed correctly going forward. As a reminder, for any non-professional data requests, users have to meet the appropriate exchange requirements for non-professional data and the exchange-appropriate documentation will have to be in place before this data is turned on for users.
If a user wishes to terminate the OSE and/or TOCOM market data during June or July, both the current and new enablements will need to be turned off.
Finally, if you are licensing directly with TOCOM/OSE, please note that the exchanges announced changes to the broader data licensing structures for different types of subscribers effective July 2020. Documentation is available from JPX, including from here: https://www.jpx.co.jp/english/markets/paid-info-derivatives/realtime/index.html. If you have questions about the transition, exchange documentation or the fee structures, please contact your exchange representative.